Wednesday, April 22, 2009

America The Beautiful Reading Assignment




Chelsi, you were so right when you stated that this reading assignment would be a good one. I totally loved the information presented in this book. It was awesome to read an objective piece or writing that both criticized and praised America and its citizens. One of my favorite quotes was "terrorism it the weapon of the weak." I believe that to be 100 percent true. I also feel bad for those who are of the Muslim faith that have to deal with bad reminders of what others supposedly of their faith, have done. I know some Muslim people and they are kind to a fault and ultimately have very pure and high moral standards that I respect very much. I am so grateful for those who have given their lives so that I might have my freedom to do as I please. As said in this article, Americans have the freedom to do both good and bad. As a result it will bring out the worst in some but also the best in others. I choose to focus on the parts that are the best. May America always be filled with a majority of the best, this is what is meant by America is the best nation. No where else are such great opportunities available. We may not be perfect, but America is definitely worth fighting for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment